t: 020 7219 8155 e: fieldm@parliament.uk

Child Care Tax Credit

February 7, 2002

Question written on 07/02/2002

To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer what plans the Government have to extend the child care tax credit to parents in part-time work.

Answered by Dawn Primarolo

Child care tax credit is already available to parents who work part time. It can be claimed by lone parents who work at least 16 hours a week and by couples where both of them work at least 16 hours a week.