November 19, 2009
If you have concerns about the conduct of your lawyer and have not been able to obtain redress, you can make a complaint.
It is likely that you’ve received poor service from your solicitor if they’ve
- not done what you instructed them to do
- involved you in unreasonable delays
- given you inaccurate or incomplete information
- failed to reply to your phone calls and letters or keep you informed about what is going on
- failed to give you enough information about what they’ll charge you before they begin your case or give you the final bill
All firms of solicitors have a procedure for handling complaints. If you need help to complain to your solicitor, call the LCS’s helpline– 0845 608 6565.
If you’ve complained to your solicitor about poor service or about their bill, and you aren’t satisfied with your solicitor’s response, the LSC can help to resolve your complaint for you. Visit their website for further information: click here