t: 020 7219 8155 e: fieldm@parliament.uk


November 19, 2009

If you have concerns about the conduct of your lawyer and have not been able to obtain redress, you can make a complaint.

You should complain to your solicitor about poor service or their bill before you contact the Legal Complaints Service (LCS).

It is likely that you’ve received poor service from your solicitor if they’ve

  • not done what you instructed them to do
  • involved you in unreasonable delays
  • given you inaccurate or incomplete information
  • failed to reply to your phone calls and letters or keep you informed about what is going on
  • failed to give you enough information about what they’ll charge you before they begin your case or give you the final bill

All firms of solicitors have a procedure for handling complaints. If you need help to complain to your solicitor, call the LCS’s helpline– 0845 608 6565.
If you’ve complained to your solicitor about poor service or about their bill, and you aren’t satisfied with your solicitor’s response, the LSC can help to resolve your complaint for you. Visit their website for further information: click here