t: 020 7219 8155 e: fieldm@parliament.uk

Reporting an Immigration Crime

November 19, 2009

If you know someone is breaking immigration laws, for example by being in the United Kingdom illegally or by employing an illegal immigrant, you can email the UKBA to give them information about it. They may not be able to acknowledge your email but they will pass it on to the local immigration team in the appropriate part of the country. Where appropriate, they will investigate and take action.
To enable them to send your information quickly to the local immigration team closest to the offence you are reporting, please help them by putting the specific place (for example Croydon) or the specific postcode (for example CR0) in the subject line (title) of your email. Please also try to give them as much information as possible about the immigration offence (for example names and addresses), to help their investigation.
They treat all personal information as confidential. This means they will not tell the person involved that you contacted them. It also means that they will not be able to tell you what was done as a result of your information.

Email: UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Customs hotline

You can use this phone line to report all kinds of smuggling – and particularly the smuggling of drugs, illegal alcohol or tobacco.

Calls from landlines in the United Kingdom are free.
The hotline is run by HM Revenue & Customs. You will not have to give your name or personal details when you call.
Phone: 0800 59 5000

Email: customs.hotline@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk